M5T SCE SDK for E-DVA
The M5T SCE SDK for E-DVA (PacketCable™ 2.0 for the Intel® Puma™ family of SoC) is a complete SIP and Voice application for an Embedded Digital Voice Adaptor (E-DVA). The E-DVA SDK implements the necessary state machine to manage analog telephones/fax lines attached to a cable modem, and also integrates into Intel’s SDK to offer the management of MIB variables related to SIP signaling and voice.
Intel, the Intel logo, and Puma are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
What You Get
Licensing the E-DVA SDK will provide you with the following:
- Developer’s Guide;
- Full E-DVA/SCE C++ source code;
- Sample TLV configuration file.
- Off-the-shelf PacketCable 2.0 implementation, ready to be certified;
- Implements E-DVA telephony state machine for management of analog phones and faxes;
- Implements Residential SIP Telephony Features (RSTF) specification that defines the common residential telephony features;
- Ready for customization to support the top North American MSOs;
- DECT phones management with CAT-iq and HD Voice support through selected DECT chipset provider;
- All standard PacketCable 2.0 E-DVA MIBs are implemented;
- Integrates into PacketCable 2.0 basic, secure and hybrid provisioning flows;
- Easy upgrade path for deployed devices from PacketCable 1.0 E-MTA to 2.0 E-DVA;
- Proven SIP & IMS-based technology: Reuses the widely deployed M5T SIP Client Engine and M5T SIP stack;
Packaging: Source code licenses available. Fully integrated Intel GWSDK files.
Implemented CableLabs Specifications:
- PKT-SP-24.229 – IMS Delta Specification
- PKT-SP-CODEC-MEDIA – Codec and Media Specification
- PKT-SP-EUE-DATA – E-UE Provisioning Data Model
- PKT-SP-EUE-PROV – E-UE Provisioning Framework
- PKT-SP-RSTF – Residential SIP Telephony Feature Specification
- PKT-SP-RST-E-DVA – Residential SIP Telephony E-DVA Specification
- PKT-SP-RST-EUE-PROV – RST E-UE Provisioning Specification
- PKT-SP-DECT-HDV – High Definition Voice with DECT
- PKT-SP-DECT-PROV – DECT Provisioning Specification
- PKT-SP-DECT-SIP – DECT SIP Specification
Implemented Residential SIP Telephony Features:
- Call make / receive
- Vertical service codes
- Caller ID Presentation
- Caller ID Delivery
- Caller ID Per-Line Blocking
- Caller ID Per-Call Blocking (CIDS-Suppression)
- Caller ID Per-Call Delivery (CIDS-Delivery)
- Caller ID with Call Waiting (CIDCW)
- Anonymous Call Rejection
- Call Forwarding Variable
- Call Forwarding Don’t Answer
- Call Forwarding on Busy
- Selective Call Forwarding
- Remote Activation of Call Forwarding
- Call Forwarding to Voice Mail
- Outbound Call Blocking
- Collect Call Blocking
- Solicitor Blocking
- Hook Flash Processing
- Call Waiting
- Call Transfer
- Three-Way Calling
- Distinctive Alerting
- Message Waiting Indicators
- Speed Dialing
- Screening List Editing
- Operator Call Completion
- Emergency Call Handling
- G.711 a-law
- G.711 u-law
- DTMF Relay
- Fax using T.38
- Fax over clear channel
- RTCP + RTCP-XR
Contact us to get access the currently available MSO customization list.
The Media5 team has developed the expertise for validating the integration of the E-DVA SDK on top of specific Intel SDK and customer hardware combination. Our experts are available to accelerate your product development schedule.
E-DVA Integration Testing on Customer Platform
- Sanity testing for high-level validation of E-DVA functionality;
- Bulk call testing to validate the stability the integration;
- MSO specific testing to validate additional E-DVA features defined by MSO;
- Customized testing as per additional customer requirements;
CableLabs PacketCable 2.0 E-DVA Pre-Certification
- Testing using the latest CableLabs test tools (PCSim, TCLSim);
- Documentation and reporting of E-DVA ATP Test provided for pre-certification documents required by CableLabs;
- Correction of any encountered problem on-the-fly;
- Firmware image preparation for official certification;
- Assistance to CableLabs during certification:
- Direct interface with CableLabs;
- Validation of behavior vs tests and interop scenarios;
- Explanation of modified test cases.
The M5T SDK for E-DVA has been specifically designed for ODMs/OEMs that develop and market voice-enabled cable modems based on the Intel Puma family of SoC. This allows accelerated development and rapid release of new Residential SIP Telephony cable modem products, while also permitting the upgrade of existing products based on earlier PacketCable specifications.
In combination with the Puma SoC and Intel Gateway SDK, the E-DVA SDK is the fastest time-to-market solution capable of deploying voice as per PacketCable™ 2.0 on new or existing cable modems.
The modular architecture of the E-DVA SDK allows for MSO customization to be added on top of the standard PacketCable 2.0 application. This provides a fast and easy way to fulfill MSO specific requirements that go beyond PC2.0 specifications.
Built on top of the M5T SIP Client Engine, the E-DVA SDK can be configured to reuse all the underlying features and configurations, addressing many flavors of SIP and IMS environments and not limiting it’s usage to pure PacketCable 2.0 based networks.