Media5’s updated version of its DGW v2.0 Application offers enhanced security features to the Mediatrix portfolio of VoIP Gateways
Media5 Corporation, a leading developer of advanced MMoIP technologies and services, announced today the release of key enhancements to its DGW 2.0 firmware application, including SDES and QSIG, all designed to bring greater security to Enterprise networks, through the encryption of media and signalling transmission, as well as network management, across the full Mediatrix portfolio of VoIP gateways.
Mediatrix VoIP gateways enable enterprises and service providers to secure the edges of their networks as part of the establishment of secured end-to-end networks, as well as to lower communications costs over any IP link.
“Security is among the top concerns of enterprises and service providers deploying voice over IP systems today,” explained Marc Skinner, PLM Director for Media5 Corporation “Solutions that prevent new threats are absolutely vital for businesses considering VoIP telephony as an alternative to more traditional forms of communication. With VoIP security often addressed in a haphazard fashion, a comprehensive solution for securing voice is a vital asset to companies of all sizes not only to protect them from outside threats but also internally where an estimated 20% of all breaches originate.”
DGW v2.0 security features include:
- SRTP with MIKEY using pre-shared keys (RFC 3830 and 4567) as key selection method
- SIP over TLS transport method
- HTTPS, for the exchange of Configuration Files
- Certificate management
New Features being introduced:
- SDES – Session Description Protocol Security Description for Media Streams, a mechanism to negotiate the cryptographic parameters necessary for the SRTP
- QSIG – an ISDN-based protocol for signaling between nodes of a Private Integrated Services Network
DGW v2.0 is available across the full portfolio of Mediatrix Products:
- Mediatrix 3400 Series ISDN BRI Gateways
- Mediatrix 3500 / 3600 Series ISDN PRI Gateways
- Mediatrix 3700 Series Hybrid Gateways (Analog and Digital Interfaces)
- Mediatrix 4100 Series Analog Access Points
- Mediatrix 4400 Series BRI Gateways
Powerful Expertise & Technology
Media5 will continue to offer the following industry leading brands of solutions:
- Mediatrix VoIP access devices and gateways, which are designed for the enterprise, SOHO, and Service Providers markets.
- M5T hardware and secure software technologies, which are aimed towards chipset manufacturers, equipment vendors, and service providers developing applications and products for real-time multimedia communications over IP.
- An all-in-one suite of solutions designed for security and survivability in multi-site, branch office environments.