The migration to IP-based telephony is inevitable. With a major reduction in infrastructure and operational costs, IP telephony has grown exponentially and gained popularity in the past two decades.
Although inescapable, the transformation represents an extraordinary business opportunity for telephony and service providers willing to ultimately unplug their public-switched-telephone network and replace it with an all–Internet Protocol (IP) network for delivering voice services.
PSTN to All-IP – What We Offer
Media5 offers a complete and cost-effective VoIP CPE portfolio (“Mediatrix”) that enables mobile and fixed providers to deliver SIP trunks to their customers, without any of the inconveniences of migrating a telecommunication system.
Through the deployment of on-premises SBCs – Session Border Controllers, alongside with VoIP gateways and analog adaptors, Media5 (also known by its reliable and well-known product brand Mediatrix) allows for a seamless transition from analog and TDM systems to IP services.
Migrating from PSTN to IP with Mediatrix
Reliable and cost-effective, our Sentinel SBC overcomes every challenge of the transition from an analog or digital PSTN network to the IP by reducing infrastructure and operational costs. Superior voice quality is guaranteed and next-generation communication services are supported.
1. Most interoperable brand on the market
- With an endless list of codecs and protocols available in the market, Mediatrix is proven to be widely interoperable with the great majority of legacy and IP equipment including TDM and IP-PBXes; analog, digital, and IP phones; faxes, modems, and PoS).
- Mediatrix is present in more than 100 countries and formally certified with the most relevant equipment manufacturers, softswitches, and Cloud Communications platforms across the globe, including Cisco, Mitel, Unify, Panasonic, Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise, Metaswitch, Ericsson, and others.
2. All-in-one pay-as-you-go SBC designed for scalability
- Sentinel SBC is the ultimate solution for a great variety of scenarios (including SIP trunking, network demarcation, survivability, third-party application integration, and more). In addition, this modular multi-business platform performs SIP normalisation translating any vendor implementation into a single well-defined SIP interface, making sure all legacy and IP equipment (regardless of the brand) will connect smoothly and work properly.
- The modular design of Sentinel SBC provides the ability to accommodate for communication systems of any sizes using any technology. Sentinel supports analog FXS and FXO, digital ISDN E1/T1 and BRI, and IP systems, making upscaling much simpler and cheaper. Customers can order individual modules (such as telephony cards and SBC licences) or a combination of them assembled at the factory into a Sentinel base unit, or added to previously deployed units.
3. Enable next-generation communication services
- Non-Voice communications can be a big challenge for many providers but we are experts at that! Throughout the years, playing an essential role in the successful SIP migration of many carriers/providers, we developed an in-depth understanding and ability to excel at all non-voice communication applications, i.e. legacy faxes and modems as well as efficient support to Hosted Telephony and UCaaS applications.
- Furthermore, we understand that a full SIP migration (especially when it is done at once) may be unrealistic for some companies. Due to the high costs of upgrading the entire infrastructure into an all-IP system, businesses can opt for a gradual Legacy-to-IP transformation or keep a hybrid system. Regardless of the scenario, our portfolio of VoIP solutions guarantees no disruption of customer service and, as consequence, minimal churn. Sentinel also allows for integrating future services in the operator’s portfolio that can generate additional revenue.
4. Manageability and long-term support
- Mediatrix SBCs and gateways support Zero-Touch Provisioning and offer extensive management capabilities. Its own Cloud-based Element Management System, Virtuo EMS, ensures easy remote installation, configuration, license activation, monitoring, and troubleshooting for Mediatrix unit operations. This reduces OPEX and the need for on-site technical support.
- Media5 is a VoIP expert operating since the early ’90s. Over the last 25 years, millions of devices worldwide have been using our patented SIP technology. We have a deep knowledge of E1/T1/R2/BRI and FXS/FXO analog appliances, whose technologies are being phased out of the product lines of many competitors, but not us. This gives us the ability to continue supporting legacy technologies, besides adapting our products and portfolio to quickly meet customer’s needs.